Thursday 2 February 2012

The Restoration Levy


Copy & pasted from Facebook:

$nameredacted
Why does every theatre now try and guilt trip me into giving over an extra £3 donation every time I buy a ticket? I do support theatre, THAT'S WHY I'M BUYING A FUCKING TICKET.
  •  likes this.
    • Ben Curthoys Because the ticket price, or a cut of it, goes to the promoter. The deal is based on the "face value" of the ticket. The venue adds on a donation or a restoration levy on top of the face value because that way they get to keep it all, and spend it on maintaining and upgrading the building.
      about a minute ago · 
    • Ben Curthoys I agree that it's a stupid way to do business, and the price advertised really ought to be what you pay and include the cost of sale (the booking fee) and the overhead of running the building (the restoration levy), but that's the answer to your question.

No comments:

Post a Comment